Hmm … it looks like your browser is out of date.
Let’s update your browser so you can enjoy a faster, more secure site experience.
Talk to a doctor from home using virtual visits
Telehealth, also known as virtual care, gives you access to health care providers outside of the provider’s office, such as from home or work. Many providers may offer telehealth visits through your phone or computer for a variety of care needs, including routine or urgent care visits. UnitedHealthcare has options for accessing telehealth with your local providers or UnitedHealthcare’s preferred telehealth partners.
Learn more about virtual visits and watch a video showing how a typical telehealth visit may work.
UnitedHealthcare is committed to helping you get the care you need outside of the doctor’s office with viritual visists.
UnitedHealthcare Medicare Advantage plans:
- Cost-share for COVID-19 testing-related viritual visits: For COVID-19 testing-related telehealth, you will have $0 cost-share for in-network and out-of-network visits through the national public health emergency period.
- Cost-share for COVID-19 treatment via viritual visits: You will be responsible for the cost-share (copays, coinsurance or deductibles) for COVID-19 treatment via viritual visits. Most UnitedHealthcare Medicare Advantage plans have $0 copays for covered viritual services. Check your plan materials for cost-share details.
- Expanded access for telehealth visits not related to COVID-19: For in-network and out-of-network providers, you will have expanded access to viritual visits through the national public health emergency period.
Cost-share for viritual visits not related to COVID-19 testing will be determined by your benefit plan. Most UnitedHealthcare Medicare Advantage plans have $0 copays for covered viritual services. Check your plan materials for cost-share details.
Medicaid health plans: For individuals enrolled in UnitedHealthcare Community Plans, state variations and regulations may apply during this time. Please review the UnitedHealthcare Community Plan website and your state’s site for the latest applicable information. If no state-specific exceptions apply, traditional UnitedHealthcare plan guidelines will apply.
For benefits coverage information, please sign in to your health plan account or review the additional COVID-19 coverage options that may be available.
With Virtual Visits, you can talk to a health care provider online 24/7 for urgent care needs, like seasonal flu, allergies, pink eye and more. Urgent care visits are available through our preferred telehealth partners, including Teladoc, American Well, Doctor On Demand and others.
For Medicare Advantage and Medicaid members, you can continue to access your existing Virtual Visit benefits offered through one of our preferred telehealth partners without cost-sharing.
Sign in to your health plan account to learn more about your Virtual Visit benefit.
In a stressful time, it can be hard to cope. There may be times when you need to talk to a crisis counselor. Some options include:
- The National Suicide Prevention Lifeline, available 24/7
- Call 988, the new suicide and crisis lifeline
- Or 1-800-799-4889 (TTY)
- Additional information is available on Lifeline (988lifeline.org)
- The Crisis Text Line is a free resource available 24/7 to help you connect with a crisis counselor
- Text “Home” to 741741
- Or Lifeline Chat
If you have questions about your benefits, sign in to your health plan account or call the number on your member ID card. We can help you understand your coverage, find a health care provider or connect you with a nurse.
- Your insurance card can help you understand if you are in an employer-insured health plan. If it says, “Administered by United HealthCare Services, Inc.” in the front, lower right corner, you are in an employer-insured plan. Your best resource for detailed health benefit information will be your human resources benefits manager.
This page describes benefits we offer to all members in all states. They also include federal requirements. More benefits may be available in some states and under some plans. We have created rules and practices that may apply to some of our products at this time. The information is a summary and is subject to change. For more information, contact your account representative or call the number on your member ID card. Brands are the property of their respective owners.