Hmm … it looks like your browser is out of date.
Let’s update your browser so you can enjoy a faster, more secure site experience.
What's your next step to getting a dual-eligible plan?
How can someone who’s dual eligible get a dual special needs plan?
It’s easy to get a dual special needs plan. There are 3 main steps. First, you’ll want to confirm your eligibility for a dual-eligible plan. Second, find a plan that best meets your health care needs. Then, third, you can sign up for a dual-eligible plan through an agent or online.
Step 1: Confirm your eligibility for this type of dual-eligible health plan
If you have both a Medicare and a Medicaid health plan, most likely you’re dual-eligible and can get a dual special needs plan. Get more details on who is dual-eligible.
Step 2: See what dual-eligible plans we offer in your area
For details about dual-eligible plans where you live and the benefits you could get, please search plans in your state.
Step 3: Sign up for a dual-eligible health plan
Once you’ve decided which dual special needs plan best fits your needs, it’s time to sign up. UnitedHealthcare has sales representatives to help you on the phone. Or you can set up a visit at your home. You can also enroll online. See below for details on how to sign up online.
Enroll Online Now
To enroll in a dual-eligible plan online, applicants fill out and submit an online enrollment application. The person who’s applying will be asked a series of questions, and the system records the answers given.
Just follow these simple steps
1. Search plans to find the one you want to join.
2. Click the “Enroll in Plan” button to start the application process.
3. Read and agree to the enrollment disclaimer.
4. Give personal details and answer the questions on each screen.
5. Double-check everything on the application is correct and click “Submit.”
6. Get an email confirming the application has been received. Please note: applicants who don’t give an email address will not get an email confirmation.
7. If the applicant’s eligibility is confirmed by Medicare, they’ll receive a call or email in the first 30 days to welcome them to our plan.
You’ll need to give this information:
- Medicaid ID number.
- Medicare ID number.
- Information about other insurance plans you have.
- Name of your preferred doctor (or you can choose one as you go).
Or, give us a call
Talk with one of our licensed agents. They’ll be happy to answer your questions and enroll you in the dual-eligible plan that’s right for you.
8 a.m. - 8 p.m. local time, 7 days a week. Se habla español.
When you call, please have this information handy.
- List of doctors To check that your primary care provider (PCP) and specialists are in our network.
- Insurance Cards To show what plans and benfits you have now.
- Prescriptions To compare drug coverage and cost.